Conference DAYS OF CLUSTERS was held On October 25th and 26th in Nis fot the third Time in organization of Cluster House and Council for Clusters of the Serbian Chamber of Commercem, supported by the LEDIB, Danish programme for Local Economic Development in the Balkans.
- Thursday, 22 November 2012 01:00
The purpose of the LEDIB Programme is to support job creation by developing the sector for small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs). The Programme focuses on both the SMEs and the SME business environment like the municipalities, business organizations (Chamber of Economy) etc. The Programme is being implemented through five sub-components:
1) Support of Local Public Administration in developing SME business environment
2) Development of Business Organizations incl. advocacy and services to SMEs
3) Cluster development
4) Strengthening private Business Development Services
5) Increased access to financing
- Thursday, 22 November 2012 01:00
In the November issue of the Ekonometar Magazine, read about success stories of the Cluster House and its members.
- “More Than Success – Contribution to Development of Entrepreneurship” – Article about the Flower of Success for the Dragon Lady 2012, the traditional award that was presented, among others, to Danka Milojkovic, Director of the Cluster House
- “Rustik Reaches Paris and Zurich” – The story about Rustik Company from Nis, member of the Cluster House, that is very successful at both local and international markets
- “Joining for Faster Economic Growth” – How the III Balkan Conference Days of Clusters contributed to the process of establishing the transnational clusters
Read full articles here
Forestry Department Human Resources Capacity Strengthening Project Sucesfully Completed in Montenegro
- Tuesday, 14 August 2012 01:00
In cooperation with FODEMO Project Office in Montenegro, the Cluster House Training Center has sucessfully completed the implementation of a two-month Forestry Department Human Resources Capacity Strengthening Project, a part of IPA Project Support to Capacity Strengthening in Forestry Sector.
Within FODEMO Project Support to Capacity Strengthening in Forestry Sector, numerous activities were implemented and they strengthened the capacities of state forestry institutions. The main goal of FODEMO Projects is contribution to the National Strategy of Sustainable Development of Montenegro by integrating principles of sustainable development into forestry policy and other significant documents. Support to Capaity Strengthening in Forestry Sector Project completely fits into this framework, as it focuses on capacity strengthening of institutions in forestry sector, in order to establish efficient systems in forestry management contributing to implementation of key EU standards for environmental protection, social and econonmic policies and regulations in the area of forestry products trade.
- Friday, 27 April 2012 01:00
EUROPEAN CLUSTER CONFERENCE – DIRECTIONS FOR CONTINUOUS CLUSTER DEVELOPMENT
VOJVODINA ICT CLUSTER AWARDED AT CONFERENCE
The European Cluster Conference was held in Vienna, Austria, from April 18 – 20. The Conference was attended by about 350 representatives of 41 countries. According to the number of representatives, Serbia was at the seventh place, with 19 participants. High interest of cluster development actors in Serbia, starting from Ministry of Economy and Regional Development representatives, through SCC Cluster Council, to Union of Clusters in Serbia – the Cluster House and clusters themselves, indicates that Serbia is aware of the significance of clusters in the local economic development of the country, contributing to SME sector and entrepreneurship development, and therefore the employment rate increase.
Cluster development in Europe was initiated at the end of 20th century in the fields of car industry, construction, design and IT. The 15th Annual Global Cluster Conference is scheduled for October 2012, confirming the long lasting European tradition in the cluster development.